Today Mrbrianzhao is gonna recommend you several types of mounted points, which are the most popular abrasive tools for internal grinding and deburring.
Different Vitrified Mounted Points for internal grinding and deburring
What are mounted points used for?
Mounted Points’ application: for polishing and deburring
Mounted points can be used in many different applications.
- Depending on the application, some products can be used for dry grinding, wet grinding, material removal or roughing, blending or intermediate cutting, finishing and deburring.
- Other uses include polishing and honing, cylindrical or centerless grinding, form or gear grinding, bench or backstand grinding, or portable grinding.
- Additionally, mounted points for cleaning or surface preparation, creep-feed grinding, and tool room or sharpening applications are available.
Mounted Point Shapes and specification
Specifications for mounting points include:
- abrasive grain type:
- abrasive grain size: Grit
- Bond type:
- Shapes and size
Mounted Points with different abrasive grains
Mounted Points can be made of different abrasive grains for different material grinding usage, these abrasive grains can be diamond, CBN, aluminum oxide, and silicon carbide.
Diamond Mounted Points
Metal bond Diamond Mounted Point
Electroplated Diamond Mounted Point
Diamond Mounted Points are used for internal grinding of carbide, ceramics, glass, precious stones, alloy, and many other abrasive materials.
CBN Mounted Points
Vitrified CBN Mounted Point with thread shank
Cylinder Head Vitrified CBN Mounted Point
The CBN Mounted Point is used to machine small diameter holes, to dress them, to grind them at high speeds and to internal grind steels, high carbon steels, high chrome steels, and tool steels. Depending on customer requirements, they can be made with metal, resin, vitrified or electroplated bonds.
Aluminum Oxide Mounted Points
Aluminum Oxide Mounted Points
Aluminum oxide mounted points are made from high-quality abrasives such as white aluminum oxide, pink aluminum oxide, and brown aluminum oxide. There are two options for bonding: vitrified or resin. They are used both for the inside and outside of bearings, small cylinders, compressor parts, injection nozzles, and gears, among others.
Silicon Carbide Mounted Points
Green Silicon Carbide Mounted Point
The silicon carbide-mounted points are used in grinding, cutting, or honing cast iron, non-ferrous steel, non-metallic material, glass, gems, and stones.
Mounted Points with different Bond type
There are several different bond types of mounted points, metal bond, electroplated bond, resin bond, and vitrified bond.
Metal bond diamond Mounted Point
Most metal bond diamond mounted point are used for grinding glass, ceramic, stone and tungsten carbide materials.
Electroplated Mounted Point (diamond or CBN)
We have set a benchmark in providing electroplated mounted points. This Electroplated Diamond Mounted Point is praised by our clients for its long service life and optimum performance. Customers can purchase these products from us at the most reasonable prices.
- Fine finish
- Smooth functioning
Resin bond mounted point
We offer a range of resin-bonding mounted points that are well-suited to applications where heavy stock removal is required, like foundries.
Vitrified bond mounted point
Vitrified CBN Mounted Points with threaded shank
Vitrified bond Conventional Mounted Points
The vitrified bonding of mounted points makes them excellent for both small job shop applications and high-volume foundries. In addition to being perfect for investment casting, our vitrified mounted points offer a cool cut, less burn, and up to 30% higher metal removal rates.
Unique, engineered ceramic grain shape, and chemistry with proven bond technology
Other mounted points for polishing
Rubber mounted point
Rubber Mounted Points are created with a formula that combines aluminum oxide grain and calendar synthetic rubber to create a high-tensile, tear-resistant product. These synthetic mounted points are used for deburring and polishing metals and have a softer bond than natural rubber.
- Formula combining aluminum oxide grain with calendar synthetic rubber
- Can be used with coolant
- High tensile strength
- Softer compared to natural rubber
- Edge Breaking sheet metal to remove sharp edges.
- Deburring with a light touch to remove visible and tiny burrs without affecting the surrounding region
- Surface cleaning to eliminate unwanted surface deposits
- Polishing and smoothing to improve performance, aesthetics, and cleanliness, as well as to reduce the risk of surface contamination.
Wool felt mounted point
Wool Felt Mounted Points are used for metal and non-metal polishing. They appear cylindrical in shape and are used for polishing and precise machining of all kinds of metal and non-metal products.
- Suitable for polishing with compounds or waxes in the final polishing.
- Used for grinding and polishing
- Doesn’t burn the workpiece
- Made with high-quality compressed wool fibers making them exquisite and resilient.
- Higher efficiency
- Precise machining – provides a higher level of cleanliness to the surface of a workpiece.
- Installed on a die grinder, Dremel rotary tool, apply to all metal material and other non-metallic products polishing, surface fine finishing.
- Used with polishing compounds to produce a high surface finish on all dies and molds.
Mounted flap wheel
Flap wheels are one of the most popular all-purpose abrasive goods on the market. Hundreds of closely packed, precisely spaced abrasive cloth flaps make up these polishing/finishing wheels. It’s simple to choose the proper size and grade for your project.
- Provides smooth abrasion on the workpiece
- Good elasticity
- High security
- Doesn’t burn the workpiece
- Edge blending.
- Surface preparation.
- Internal diameter cleaning.
- Part and thread reconditioning.
- Polishing, blending, and finishing.
- Deburring after a machining process.
Application Industries of Mounted Points
- Tool and Die
- Metal Fabrication
- Mold Shops
- Stainless Steel Equipment
If you still have any questions about mounted points, Mrbrianzhao is the person who can give you the best suggestion.
[wpforms id=”478″ title=”false” description=”false”]